Worm Farm

A huge thankyou to Anouk for coming in and helping us re set up our worm farms. We have the bath going again and a smaller farm for the Juniors. The seniors have a mini worm farm in their classroom to make sure they can look after the worms properly. Students had a short video on how to look after the worms and what to feed them and then went outside to see the worms.  There was some pretty interesting discussion and vocabulary happening out there, especially when Anouk produced magnifying glasses to look at them better!  Let's hope we can keep them alive and help our gardens at the same time with all that lovely rich worm juice!
                                          


Comments

  1. Kia ora Team Moana,
    I remember having worm farms at Onerahi Primary School when my children went there, we could buy the worm juice for our gardens. Are you going to collect and sell worm juice? What kind of things do you need to feed your worms?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Tania,
      Thank you for responding to our blog post. No we are not going to sell worm juice we are only going to collect it and put it in the garden. We feed them some little bits of scraps. But we don't feed them orange peels, onion, orange juice, plastic, shiny paper,garlic, chillies and citrus. Today we opened the worm farm and it stunk! Has this ever happened to you? Do you know what we could do about this?

      Team Moana student, Kate & Lilly.

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Tania,
      Thank you for responding to our blog post. No we are not going to sell worm juice we are only going to collect it and put it in the garden. We feed them some little bits of scraps. But we don't feed them orange peels, onion, orange juice, plastic, shiny paper,garlic, chillies and citrus. Today we opened the worm farm and it stunk! Has this ever happened to you? Do you know what we could do about this?

      Team Moana student, Kate & Lilly.

      Delete
  2. Hi my name is Dakota. we had a worm farm as well but we don't have one anymore. It was exiting to make and have one but all of the worms went away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Toeumu and I go to Wesley Primary School and I am a student in room 3.I like how u guys were making a worm farm for the worms. It is good for the environment.It reminds me when once I made a worm farm for the juicy worms.Next time you could make the pictures clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Team Moana. I Really like the photo's how they are clear and bright so we can see it. This reminds me of a time I was in room 6 and we had to clean the worm farm. maybe next time you could just make sure that one of the kids hair are not blocking the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Toeumu i got to Wesley Primary School and i am in room 3.I like the way you guys were making a worm farm to take care if the worms for the environment.It reminds me when i made a worm farm.Next time you could make the photos bigger

    ReplyDelete
  6. talofa lava bula vi naka hi team MOANA
    my name is ismativa i am from wesleyprimaryschool
    i like the way you guys got taught of how to look after the worms proply.
    i remeber a time when i was a junior we went to the worm farm we stuided how we ca look after the worms feed them the right stuff.
    mabey you culd make the pictures bigger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is jiza. And i go to wesley primary school and i am in room 3. I like the way you guys were making a worm farm to take care if the worm for the environment.IT reminds me when i made a worm farm, next time you can make the photo bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everybody this is Terei. Nice worm farms and I hope you enjoy researching about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi im Cassidy the school i go to is Wesley primary i am a year 6 and im moving to intermediate and i like your guys pics there really COOL!!! and i hope yous make a lot more pics on your blog.yous guys can wesley p4rimary room 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you were observing and might be getting some facts in your brain and I know I fact about worms I will tell yous one did you know that the a worm has five hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my name is Div Jot I go to Wesley primary school And i'm in room 3 I really like how you made a nest for the worms and using a magnifying glass to see the worms it's really helpful to save the Environment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi my name is Div Jot sing i am At Wesley primary school And i'm in room 3 i like how yous are taking care of the worms and using a magnifying glass
    to see the worms to see if there not dead and i like how yous are respecting and taking care of the Environment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi my name is Jason i come from Wesley Primary School From room 3 I like how you're taking care of the worms And your using the magnifying to maybe see the worms if there Dead or Not. My favourite thing that i think yous did good at is saving and taking care of the Environment and taking care of the worms and making a nest for them Ok bye team Moana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi my name is Ayvah I'm in Room 9 at pt england school. your school is cool because you got to make worm farms and plant it man iwish i was at your school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi room 9. I like the picture. Is the worm farm fun? Are the worms super wiggly? It would be fun there. How many worms did you catch?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi my name is freedom and I like your blog post about how you made compost out of noting and I wold like to say seniors look after the worm farm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Your comments will not show immediately because they will be sent to my e-mail for approval first.

Popular posts from this blog

Dubai - SriLanka

Week 7 Term 1 Cricket Coaching

Zoofari