Zoofari
Kia ora
This week all of the Moana kids who hadn't been on a zoofari trip to Auckland Zoo before, got to participate in one. A zoofari is an overnight trip to Auckland Zoo where you get to sleep in the old elephant house where the elephants Burma and Kashin used to live. You get two guided walks around the zoo, one in daylight and one in the dark accompanied by zoo keepers who know all about the zoo and its animals. You also get some free time to roam the zoo with your teachers and the parents who volunteered to come along. On top of this you get a barbecue dinner and breakfast. Thanks to the generosity of Auckland Zoo, Ritchie's Bus Company and The Warehouse, all of this comes absolutely free! The only cost per kid is $10 to buy lunch and morning tea.
So, 45 of us plus Mrs Henderson, Mrs Brajkovich, Mr Solly, Mrs Edge, Mr Palmer and Mrs Chamberlain zoomed down to the big city. We saw so many amazing animals and the whole trip was just marvellous. One of the highlights was getting to see the zoo's two fully-grown male cheetahs up close. They were out for a walk on leashes with their keepers and they got lead into a small area where we were seated so we could see them from only about 2 metres away. They were even more beautiful and magical than we could ever imagine. Here is a little movie of that special time.
This week all of the Moana kids who hadn't been on a zoofari trip to Auckland Zoo before, got to participate in one. A zoofari is an overnight trip to Auckland Zoo where you get to sleep in the old elephant house where the elephants Burma and Kashin used to live. You get two guided walks around the zoo, one in daylight and one in the dark accompanied by zoo keepers who know all about the zoo and its animals. You also get some free time to roam the zoo with your teachers and the parents who volunteered to come along. On top of this you get a barbecue dinner and breakfast. Thanks to the generosity of Auckland Zoo, Ritchie's Bus Company and The Warehouse, all of this comes absolutely free! The only cost per kid is $10 to buy lunch and morning tea.
So, 45 of us plus Mrs Henderson, Mrs Brajkovich, Mr Solly, Mrs Edge, Mr Palmer and Mrs Chamberlain zoomed down to the big city. We saw so many amazing animals and the whole trip was just marvellous. One of the highlights was getting to see the zoo's two fully-grown male cheetahs up close. They were out for a walk on leashes with their keepers and they got lead into a small area where we were seated so we could see them from only about 2 metres away. They were even more beautiful and magical than we could ever imagine. Here is a little movie of that special time.
What a special time that was! I love the expressions on the students' faces, it certainly tells it all!
ReplyDeleteWOW what an opportunity! I loved how respectful you were to the cheetahs and the zookeepers and just watched in awe! I can imagine how special it was to be up so close and personal with the cheetahs! When my daughter was at Onerahi Primary they went and stayed the night at the Zoo just like you did. I really wish I had gone with her! Did you notice a difference in what the animals were doing on your day tour and night tour? Thanks heaps for sharing your video clip!
ReplyDeleteTania
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Alisi I am from Wesley Primary School in room 3. I really like how you wrote a lot of detail to describe the trip. Maybe next time you could write less. This reminds of when my class went to the Zoo and we had a lot of fun. Come and visit my blog at https://wpsalisis.blogspot.co.nz/
ReplyDeleteWow that looks like so much fun it reminds me of when i went to the zoo and i think maybe next time you could tell us a bit more and i really liked it
ReplyDeletehi my name is viliami and i am from Wesley primary school and i really like that part when one cheetah came and another one came and i didn't know that we had cheetahs in Auckland NZ. i liked how you guys listened to what the people said and being responsible and respectful
ReplyDeleteHi there, my name is krisina and i am a student in room 3 at wesley primary school. I really like your Zoofari. It made me think of how we went to the auckland zoo. Have you thought about taking pictures as well? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpskrisinae.blogspot.co.nz/
ReplyDeleteBlog you later...
Haii There My Name Is Sela And I Am A Year 6 Student At Wesley Primary School. I Really Like How You Guys Went To The Zoo Fari. It Made Me Think Of A Time When Me And My Class Last Year Went To The Zoo It Is Kinda Of Similar To The Zoo Fari I Have Never Been There. Have You Thought About Adding Pictures Of The Animals You Saw. If You Would Like To See My Learning My Blog Is http://wpsselah.blogspot.co.nz/
ReplyDeleteBlog You Later!!!
Hi my name is Toeumu and i go to Wesley primary school and i am in room three.I like the way how u went to the zoo to check it out good job guys.It reminds me when i went on a trip to the zoo.next time you could make the writing bigger. Thanks
ReplyDeleteHi there my name is Sabrina and i am a student from Wesley primary school As a year 6.WOw it so amazing that you guys went to the zoofari. I think it reminds me of when we went to the zoofari when i was at St Leonards school.Maybe you guys can put up a another video of you guys.But keep it up guys really like it.And also be POSITIVE,THOUGHTFUL,and also HELPFUL.Goodbye guys.!!!:)
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Paula and i go to Wesley Primary school and i am in room 3. I realy like how u put alot of detail about your trip.It reminds me when i went to the the zoo with my class and saw a lion wake up. Maby u can take a video of the kids asking questios to the zoo ceaper people
ReplyDeleteHi my name is steve and i go to Wesley primary school and i am in room 3.I like the way how you went to the zoo to check it out good great guys.It reminds me when i went on a trip to the aucland zoo.next time you could make the make the video claer. Thanks
ReplyDeleteWow! you guys are so lucky hi my name is Brendan i go to Wesley primary school i am in room 3 .I really like your guys Zoofari i wish i saw a cheetah .Maybe you could showed us more.It made me think of a time when i went to the zoo last year when i was in room 6.If you want to checkout my blog go to wpsbrendana.co.nz adios!
ReplyDeleteHi there my name is Brendan and i am a year 5 at Wesley primary school.I really like your Zoofari and i wish i saw a real cheetah.It made me think of when i went to the zoo last year. maybe you could tell us more in the video.but anyway you can see my blog at wpsbrendana.co.nz blog ya later!
ReplyDeletehi my name is andy I love your show about the zoo its like it is your frend
ReplyDeleteWOW I LIKE THAT YOU GUYS GOT TO MEET TWO CHEATHERS MAYBE YOU CAN TELL US WERE IT WAS AT. THIS REMINDS ME WHEN WE WENT ON A ZOO TRIP LAST YEAR
ReplyDeletewow you guys are lucky you ent to the zoo.
ReplyDeletehi my name is simativa i am fromwesleyprimary.school
i like the way you guys learned about the cheetahs.
i rember a time i went to the zoo 3 times now.
mabey next time you could tell us what you learned about the cheetha.
WOW I LIKE THAT YOU GUYS MET A CHEATAHER. THIS REMINDS ME WHEN I WENT TO THE ZOO LAST YEAR
ReplyDeletehi team ohaeawai my name is Emmanuel and i am from wesley primary school i just want to say how great you have exlained the writing you have done maybe have lots of detail and it will sound awesome so keep working hard and pesist
ReplyDeleteWOW I LIKE THAT YOU GUYS MET A CHEATER. THIS REMINDS ME WHEN I WENT TO THE ZOO LAST YEAR.WHEN WE GOT TO FEED THE DRAFF
ReplyDeleteMAYBE YOU GUYS COULD GIVE US A BIT MORE DETAIL OF WHERE IT IS AT AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS VIDEO WITH US
Hi there my name is Kotahi and I am in room 3 at Wesley primary school I really like how you met a cheater in your Zoofari. This reminds me of when I went to the Zoo and we saw all kinds of cats we saw lion's,cheater's and tigers at the Zoo.If you want to see my learning copy this link http://wpskotahik.blogspot.co.nz/.
ReplyDeletehi my name is analese that looks fun i wish i could come to the zoo.I remeber when i went to the zoo with my school and we saw all the animals it was fun maybe next time you should go on my blog and my class blog.
ReplyDelete