Dubai - SriLanka
Hi everyone,
I finally figured out how to access the class Blog so here is my update.
I wonder what the temperature is in NZ? It has been 37 most days here, one day even got up to 40🌞
We have been swimming in the Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf and the Bay of Bengal - can you find them on the map?
Sri Lanka was a very different place to visit, definitely not a rich country like Dubai, there are a lot of poorer areas, but it has beautiful beaches and the National Parks are great. It is really really sad to see all the forests being cut down though, there have been 35 people killed by elephants already this year as the elephants come down to the people's farms looking for food.
There are so many people in Sri Lanka, over 19 million, and their country is smaller than NZ. This made driving on the roads very interesting, there are cars, buses, tuk tuks, motorbikes and bicycles going in all directions. It was like being in a car rally every day!
One day we were stopped by a policeman because Mr Henderson did not have on his seat belt, that was a bit scary as they all carry AK47s!
See you next week!!
Mrs H

The Burj Kahlifa - driving past it today and the largest gold and diamond ring in the world!
I finally figured out how to access the class Blog so here is my update.
I wonder what the temperature is in NZ? It has been 37 most days here, one day even got up to 40🌞
We have been swimming in the Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf and the Bay of Bengal - can you find them on the map?
Sri Lanka was a very different place to visit, definitely not a rich country like Dubai, there are a lot of poorer areas, but it has beautiful beaches and the National Parks are great. It is really really sad to see all the forests being cut down though, there have been 35 people killed by elephants already this year as the elephants come down to the people's farms looking for food.
There are so many people in Sri Lanka, over 19 million, and their country is smaller than NZ. This made driving on the roads very interesting, there are cars, buses, tuk tuks, motorbikes and bicycles going in all directions. It was like being in a car rally every day!
One day we were stopped by a policeman because Mr Henderson did not have on his seat belt, that was a bit scary as they all carry AK47s!
See you next week!!
Mrs H
The Burj Kahlifa - driving past it today and the largest gold and diamond ring in the world!
Hi Mrs H
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have had a lot of fun in Sri Lanka. Mr Henderson is very naughty. That ring must be very valuable having diamond and gold in it and those beaches sound fancy from looking at the images of them online.
I look forward to seeing you again, Chelsea. :D
Dear Mrs Henderson
ReplyDeleteYou have been wondering what temperature it is in new zealand it is not that cold or hot it is 17 c/f
That ring that you saw is really big.
That is very naughty that Mr Henderson not wearing a seatbelt.
from Jorja w and Holly
Hi Mrs H
ReplyDeleteThe temperature is very hot over there it is pretty cold hear put it heats up as it gets later in the day
It is wonderful to hear about how you are going in Dubai. It would be very scary about how they carry a AK47 around. That is a huge ring you got a photo of. What is a tuk tuk?
It is very naughty of Mr Henderson not wearing a seat belt!!
From Georgia S
Hi Mrs H,
ReplyDeleteThe temperature is very hot down here. It sounds like you had a great time. It would be very scary if a police came up to you with an AK47. It was very naughty of Mr Henderson to not be wearing a seat belt.
From Willow Roberts
That sounds cool in Dubai was Mr Henderson scared when they had AK47s. Lucky he didnt get shot:(
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs H, it's Stapler.
ReplyDeleteDid you taste the Sri lanken chutney? Was it good? It must of been so hot because our hottest temperature last year was 35, I think. I bet you had a great time!!!!!
Kia Ora Mrs H, that diamond and gold ring is huge it would be worth lots of money. It sounded like alot of fun you had in Dubai. How much does the ring weigh?
DeleteWow that sounds scary. Hope your having a good time. See you when you get back.
ReplyDeleteBy Tyxxx
Hi Mrs H How is it going I hope the police left the guns in the car.
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs H.
ReplyDeleteThat must really suck that the forests are getting cut down, and elephants are killing people.
From Drezique
Hi Mrs H
ReplyDeletesounds like you having heaps of fun.Mr H is very naughty not wearing a seat belt but most of all not setting and example for us back in New Zealand but those are some big guns. Yes I have found those beaches.and I have a question how found or made the biggest ring in the work.Have you rid in a tuk tuk before.
Hi Mrs H,
ReplyDeleteWow that ring is huge.
Sri-Lanka has a lot of different names that I haven't heard of them. Ohhh, did you see the AK47?
Bye for now, Nadia
Hi Mrs Henderson, That does sound like wayne apparently he got pulled over for going 180 k's (Here in New Zealand.) 40cs is rather hot.
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs H that sounds really fun. I hope you come to school safely.
ReplyDeleteKia-ora Mrs H.
ReplyDeleteI wonder who made the biggest ring in the world? Did the police officer pull out his AK47? Tuk tuk is an unusual name for a bike crossed with a car! In the poor parts of Sri-Lanka what do they sleep in? From Eden
Hi Mrs H I love that beautiful big ring it is amazing. Sri-Lanka is so tiny. How many hours did it take to Dubai? I hope you have a great time coming back.:D
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs Henderson did you have lot's of fun in your trip,I know you went to the candy store and did you buy something did you just hanging around and Mrs Dixon said we were doing the spaghetti chanllenge and we need to put the marshmallow on the top.
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs Henderson,
ReplyDeleteThat must be scary them carrying AK47s! "Yikes." The temperate over here has been about 27 Degrees over here. See you next week.
Hi Mrs.H I wonder how big is the ring and why would the police men be holding AK47's.
ReplyDeleteSee you next week.
By Stasiah.
Hi Mrs H
ReplyDeleteCan you buy the ring? If you can, how much would it be? I have missed you. From Matilda Milk.
hi Mrs H how are you was it fun seeing your son did you ride on a tuktuks
ReplyDeleteit must of been so scray when Mr Henderson was not wering his seat bealt wow they have carry AK47s! I can't wait u come back ps it was my birth day yesterday
Hi Mrs H,
ReplyDeleteHow are you that was very naughty of Mr Henderson not wearing a seat belt have you been in a tuk tuk? why do they carry AK47s is it fun down there.
Thats cool Mrs Henderson hope you are having a fun time in sir-lanka my nana went their. and got me an ivory neclis
ReplyDeleteHi sounds scary how the police were all holding AK47s! When you get back tell us how big that gold and diamond ring was!
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs H, its Grace, have you seen an elephant up close? Are there lots of police or just a couple? Did you get to touch the ring? Where are you staying? And finally, have you had trouble pronouncing any of the names of places you have been to?
ReplyDeleteThat must of been scary having a police come up to your window holding a AK47! and go in a tuk tuk they look so cute and tiny.And how heavy was the ring? From Cassandra Caramel
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Tremaine and I go to Kawakawa primary school.
ReplyDeleteThat must of been scary having a police come up to your window holding a AK47!
if you can see writting and reading and other stuff you can go on KpsTremaine.co.nz
Hi my name is Sophia from Kawakawa primary school and like how explain how it felt in Sir Lanaka NIce work!
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Paris from kawakawa primary.that sounds really cool that you got to see it because you guys were able to see the biggest ring i wonder how heavy it would have been to lift it.
ReplyDeleteHi Dubai - SriLanka I am Ragimarie I go to Tautoro school. Thank you for posting this it is very fascinating. Blog you later.
ReplyDeleteHello My name is Sweyde and I like the giant gold ring in the world it looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteHi room 7 that really is the biggest gold and diamond ring in the world and
ReplyDeletethat would be scary having a police come up to your window holding a AK47!
P.S how heavy was the ring...
From kaya
Hi room 7 that really is the biggest gold and diamond ring in the world and
ReplyDeletethat would be scary having a police come up to your window holding a AK47!
P.S how heavy was the ring...
From kaya
Kia ora my name is Mata I go to Kawakawa primary school I'm a year 7. I really the photo that you put on the blog because I've never seen anything that shiny.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Kawa from Kawakawa primary school and Is there Anything else that you like and any places that were weird and was it scary when the guard
ReplyDeletewalked up to you with a AK47!.
Hi my name is Otulea from Kawakawa Primary School how scary was it when the police man walked up to you with a AK47? What was it like was it big? What other weird places do you like? Hope to see more post soon. Bye.
ReplyDeleteKia ora my name is Denzel I go to Kawakawa primary school I'm a year 7. I really the photo that you put on the blog because I've never seen anything that shiny.
ReplyDeletehi my name is Mesake from Kawakawa Primary School, and I really like your photos. I have never seen such a big jewel, are they all that big in Dubai??
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Makere from Kawakawa primary school room 3. I like the photo you added to your post about the largest gold ring in the world. Do you enjoy Sri Lanka?
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Advarn and I love that picture that you took if you would like you could check mine and you could coment on my blog
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Waekamania from Kawakawa primary school. That looks cool. I wonder who made the big gold and diamond ring?
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Te Aranga Mai from Kawakawa primary school.I really the photo that you put on the blog because I've never seen anything that shiny.
ReplyDeleteKia ora Room 7 my name is Raharuhi from Kawakawa Primary I like your writing about SriLanka. And I really like your photo that you put on your blog.where did you take the photo? great work Room 7 and this is my blog kpsraharuhip.blogspot.co.nz
ReplyDelete