Week 3

We have had such a busy start to the year. We have an awesome group of Year 5s and 6s this year who are all working very hard.
Our topic of Myths and Legends is getting very exciting, students are doing some very creative Persuasive writing on the topic. For this week we gave them the topic - Would the Hound of Hades (Cerberus) make a good guard dog? We have some very exciting reasons why Cerberus would be a great guard dog. The students are publishing their writing to their Blog for your comments.
We have had a few wet days this week, which was quite surprising after all our beautiful sunshine. This made it very noisy in the class space - if anyone has any good board games at home that we could have for these times we would be very grateful.
Swimming is going great - please remind your child that this is an important part of our PE programme - we are so lucky to be in a school with a swimming pool.
Have a great weekend everyone,
Mrs H and Mrs B

Comments

  1. hi there I am Luseane and I am a student in room 3 at wesley primary school.I really like it have you thought about doing paragraphs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Team Moana,
    My name is Tania and I am one of the Manaiakalani Outreach Facilitators. I live in Whangarei and have been to Ohaeawai School so some of you may remember me. I am lucky enough to be organising Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu so will be able to check out your blog regularly and leave you comments. I am most excited to read that your topic this term is around Māori myths and legends. Have you seen on your Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu budding blog that they are working on creating animations about Māori Myths and Legends? Check out this post. https://peswest.blogspot.co.nz/2017/02/creating-through-animations.html?showComment=1487718034923#c2484237479385498849
    I wonder if you will be creating animations too.
    Keep up the great sharing on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Team Moana! My name is Miss West and I am the teacher in room 10 at Pt England School. We are one of your buddy classes this term for Tuhi mai, Tuhi atu! We have also had a busy start to the term! It is exciting that you are studying myths and legends this term! We are learning about the environment where we live - our school is right next to a reserve, a creek, and a beautiful beach in Auckland! As part of this, we are creating animations of Māori myths and legends about the environment! We will be posting these onto our blogs later in the term. I look forward to reading your persuasive writing which you have been creating!

    Miss West

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss West, Mrs Henderson here. Thankyou for your comments - we look forward to following your Blogs and viewing your animations on Maori myths and legends.

      Delete
  4. hi my name is Toeumu and i love it how you worked really hard on the start of the year good job next time make the writing bigger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Your comments will not show immediately because they will be sent to my e-mail for approval first.

Popular posts from this blog

Dubai - SriLanka

Week 7 Term 1 Cricket Coaching

Zoofari