Room 7- check out this Thing Link on the Kereru count we did. This is an example of how it can be used - I am sure you will have some fantastic ways to use this with information about your grandparents!
Dubai - SriLanka
Hi everyone, I finally figured out how to access the class Blog so here is my update. I wonder what the temperature is in NZ? It has been 37 most days here, one day even got up to 40🌞 We have been swimming in the Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf and the Bay of Bengal - can you find them on the map? Sri Lanka was a very different place to visit, definitely not a rich country like Dubai, there are a lot of poorer areas, but it has beautiful beaches and the National Parks are great. It is really really sad to see all the forests being cut down though, there have been 35 people killed by elephants already this year as the elephants come down to the people's farms looking for food. There are so many people in Sri Lanka, over 19 million, and their country is smaller than NZ. This made driving on the roads very interesting, there are cars, buses, tuk tuks, motorbikes and bicycles going in all directions. It was like being in a car rally every day! One day we were stopped by a policeman ...
Hi room 7. My name is Makere from Kawakawa primary school room 3. I like the thinglink that you made about kereru. Do you enjoy using thinglink?
ReplyDeleteI love using Thing Link - are you using it too?
DeleteHi room 7 my name is Te Aroha and I am a year 6 from Kawakawa primary school. In the holidays I also saw a pair of Kereru in my nan's loquat tree in her backyard. DO you know any other food that Kukupa eat? NIce thing link :)
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Tremaine and i go to Kawakawa primary school.
ReplyDeleteWOW i didn't know that Kereru eat berries and i didn't know they eat guava berries
Kia ora room 7 it’s Tia here from Kawakawa Primary room 3. I like that you use thinglinks for work and how you present it. Do you like using thinglinks for work?
ReplyDeleteHI Room 7 I am Ana from KawaKawa primary in Room 7 I really like your thing link pretty good Good bye
ReplyDeletehi room 7. my name is tyler. I like your thinglink. I like how birds fly. goodbye.
ReplyDeleteKia Ora Room7,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Ezra and I am from Paihia School. I really like your Kereru thing link. Its really cool because it shows parts of what they do in their life. Maybe if you don't know we could show you how to put pictures with the text? Except for that I really liked it and hope to see more thing links.
No I did not know that Ezra and would definitely love to learn how - that would be a great Toolkit for the teachers!
DeleteHi my name is Zac from Paihia School. Your thinglink is really good it is cool how you got 2 real live kereru it is really hard to find them now so thanks so much for sharing your pictures and information about kereru.
ReplyDeleteHi Room 7,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Reitu and I come from Paihia school and I am a year 6.I really like your Kereru Thinglink post on your blog. Did you realize that the kereru are sitting on a Kowhai tree.
How did you get the photo? Did you take the photo or did you download it from google images?
Hi Reitu, Thanks for your comments. The photos came from one of our students - Stasiah, the Kereru were sitting in the Kowhai outside her house. In fact one of the birds flew into her window and broke it! Have a look on Stasiah's Blog - she has more photos I think.
DeleteHELLO room 7 my name is Parehuia from Tautoro School, I really liked your kereru thing link. I think its awesome because I did not know kereru ate berries. But next time I think you could provide us with a little bit more information. Besides that I think it was incredible keep it up. From Parehuia
ReplyDeleteHi Im Malia from Kawakawa primary school. I like your thing link about the kereru I think you could have added a few more facts to make it more interesting and give your readers a bit more to read.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Renata I am a year 7 and I go to Kawakawa Primary School and I enjoyed your picture of a Kereru and what they eat. WOW! I also never new that Kereru's eat berries and guava berries.
ReplyDeleteWhat are there special features
Kia Ora Room 7, your thinglink is really cool. Kereru do love guava’s! I’ve never actually used thinglink I might have to try it one day. Did you take this picture?
ReplyDeleteHi room 7 my name is Makaveli and I'm from Paihia School that photo inspired
ReplyDeleteme because I am part of a group of kids (called bush warriors) that go up into the bush and we set traps to save birds like that.
Hi Room 7 My name is Tamaiti-Pani and I am a student in Room 3 at Tautoro School. I like the way you explained about Kereru. I loved your thinglink. Wec are learning how to use thinglink too. Blog you later.
ReplyDeleteHi there, my name is Tamaiti-Pani and I am a student in room 3 a School.
ReplyDeletehi my name is nila and i am from wesley primary school from rm3 i like the way you talked about kereru this made me think of how i did thing link try to add more detail nice work.:)
ReplyDelete