Haere mai to Term 3
What a busy first week - we had a great visit from the children's poet, Paula Green, Powhiri for Ms Ross for the Kapa Haka students, league and netball training for the Tinana Challenge at Kaikohe West school next week, and of course our very busy Reading, Writing and Maths programmes.
This term our focus is on Science, looking at Physics. Room 2 are looking at specific scientists and what they have discovered. Using this information their science fair topic will reflect the discovery of their chosen scientist. This is a great term for Wondering and asking questions. We want to encourage their curiosity and challenge their learning this term, it will be very exciting finding out how things move and operate.
Below are a couple of pictures from the Paula Green visit. Paula held every students' attention during her workshop. Everyone was hooked into learning, sharing exciting vocabulary with her to create some great poetry. I am definitely looking forward to writing Poetry this week.
We have Room 2 assembly on Friday this week - please come along and join us.
This term our focus is on Science, looking at Physics. Room 2 are looking at specific scientists and what they have discovered. Using this information their science fair topic will reflect the discovery of their chosen scientist. This is a great term for Wondering and asking questions. We want to encourage their curiosity and challenge their learning this term, it will be very exciting finding out how things move and operate.
Below are a couple of pictures from the Paula Green visit. Paula held every students' attention during her workshop. Everyone was hooked into learning, sharing exciting vocabulary with her to create some great poetry. I am definitely looking forward to writing Poetry this week.
We have Room 2 assembly on Friday this week - please come along and join us.
Hey Room 2! Catherine here. I hope the rest of your term is as good as your first week was! This term I have got the science fair as well but I have no idea what I am going to do for it!!!
ReplyDelete