Ki-o-Rahi

What a fantastic day we had yesterday at Kaikohe East Primary.  A huge thank you to them for hosting us and supplying a beautiful hangi!
To celebrate Matariki we took part in a powhiri, the kids were wonderful - it was lovely hearing the East students waiata and korero in Te Reo.
The games were great - we certainly learnt a few new skills to try, and will definitely be keen for a rematch at some stage. A huge thank you to Gina for the training and being t he referee.
Another highlight of the day was the amazing playground - our students certainly enjoyed the rope swings and gave themselves a few frights with the heights they could reach I think.






Comments

  1. Hey guys. Catherine here, I hope you all enjoyed celebrating Matariki, at school I celebrated it by weaving flax bracelets and it was a lot of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Your comments will not show immediately because they will be sent to my e-mail for approval first.

Popular posts from this blog

Dubai - SriLanka

Week 7 Term 1 Cricket Coaching

Zoofari